We are a Wisconsin based company, shipping our log products to all 50 states.
About Full-Scribe / Handcrafted Log Homes
Let the log walls bring the world of nature back into your life.
Every log home we build is custom designed to fit the home owner's wants and needs.
- All logs are premium grade and air dried.
- Large diameter white and red pines are the most commonly used logs.
- Logs are 14" to 20" mean diameter (as specified by the client).
- Logs are left with natural taper and no milled logs are involved in any part of the log shell.
- All logs used are full length with no butt joints.
- All logs arrive at the log yard with bark on and are peeled and shaped using hand tools only (see picture directly below).
- Logs are scribed, cut out by chainsaws and finally chiseled (see pictures directly below).
- All notches are under scribed to ensure a tight fit over time.
- Log shells are handcrafted at our log yard in Wisconsin, then disassembled and shipped to your home site where they are re-erected.
- Re-erection of the log shell at your home site will take approximately 2 to 4 days (add an additional day per 1500 square feet).
- We will ship log shells nationwide.
Full-Scribe Log Homes vs. Milled Log Homes
|Full-Scribe Log Homes||Milled Log Homes|
At our company, we pride ourselves on listening and responding to the needs and wants of our clients.
We are "hands-on" owners who oversee and work on each individual home. We build quality products and treat each home like it is our own.
Full-scribe log shells start at $50.00 per square foot.� The cost per square foot will vary with the complexity of the floor plan.
The package generally includes everything listed below.
- Log walls
- Log beams for loft
- Log floor joist
- Log trusses
- Purlins and ridge beams
- Windows and doors cut in to accept framing
- All through bolts and electrical chases drilled according to plan
- Disassembly and re-erection of log shell
1 to 2 skilled log fitters will assist in the re-erection of log shell.
Turn-key log home packages are available in the local area and generally start at $160.00 per square foot.
Custom log stairs and railings are available at homeowner's request and are priced according to design.
Design consultation is available upon request at no additional charge.
Shipping of log package to final site, as well as onsite crane use for re-erection, is not included in the package price; however, we will provide contacts and arrange for shipping at no additional charge.
- A $5,000.00 down payment is required to reserve a starting date (non-refundable) and will be applied to final bill.
- 1/2 the cost of labor and the full cost of logs is due before log work begins.
- 1/4 the cost of labor is due upon delivery of log shell to final home site.
- Shipping costs are due as needed.
- The remainder is due upon completion of re-erection.
If you have an interest in building a business involving log homes you have come to the right place. For multiple home buyers we can offer nice discounts. We have opportunities for: Dealers, Realtors, Developers, Investors, Builders, Lumber yards, etc.
This site best viewed at 1024x768 or higher screen resolution
For additional job photos, resources and helpful hints, visit our Facebook page. You do not need a Facebook account to view.
© 2013 Classic Log Homes, Inc.
Web Design and Hosting by Richard C. Church Web Design